Way back when, I penned a list of 30 things to do by 30. Welp. I'm 30 now - and the list lives on - uncompleted. I'm fine with it. Some of the items on the list though, I didn't want to leave them uncompleted. This is one of those things. I really, really wanted to learn a bit about photoshop. I wanted to be able to put my photos together sharply into grids, I wanted to be able to touch things up - or brighten up colors and, I really wanted to be able to create one of those cool boards you see on Pinterest. I signed myself up for Online Blogshop because like I said earlier, I just couldn't get one of their in person classes to work.
Here's to learning new things! Here's to Online Blogshop! Here's to 'this is getting pinned on pinterest'! Here's to not judging my first try! Here's to more practice! Vive la Blog!
With all that out of the way, let's carry on.
People who have had to look for work know one thing: You Have To Keep Your Spirits Up.
Apparently, my ego was quite attached to my last job and, not knowing what's next threatens to crush my self esteem daily...if I let it...
Feeling positive is important. I don't ever want an email I send or a voicemail I leave to sound anything less than Positive.
Here's how I've been keeping myself feeling positive.
- When the day is done and I pretend that I just accomplished something huge. Then I treat myself to a glass of wine. These days it's Rosé.
- I invested in some business cards that I was proud to hand out. I use moo.com for a lot of my printing needs because I like their style.
- I am maintaining a daily practice of gratitude. I write down what I'm feeling grateful for and what I need to get done tomorrow. It reminds me of how much I am blessed.
- I like school supplies. Like, a lot. I have a mini office area set up in what I call my 'find a job corner' of my apartment. I'm diligently tracking who I send resumes to and when. I track who I've applied with, who I've emailed, when they've emailed me back, etc. Sharpies brighten this up and makes it a little bit more enjoyable. What can I say.
- I be sure to keep fresh, colorful flowers throughout my pad. It's winter - and sometimes it's grey outside - that does not scream feeling positive. Flowers are Happy. Boom.
- Green Candles. This one might sound a little witchy but, green candles promote prosperity. I have three green candles - I say a little prayer - I light them up - and then I send emails, resumes, apply to positions and wait for someone to snatch me up.