Miss Rhiannon suggested that I read a blog called Mighty Girl. If you haven't checked it out you might want to - I keep her in my RSS feed so that I always know when there is fresh material. I've been thinking quite a bit about her mighty life list - I kept thinking: I want one! I took her idea but modified it a bit....I'm calling it 30 x 30. I'm pushing 30!!! I've got 2 years to go! In the spirit of turning 30 I've compiled a list of 30 things that I'd like to have accomplished or experienced by my 30th birthday. The list is in no particular order. I'm going to elaborate on each item here in this post and then I plan on creating a tab on the main page to keep track of the list as things get completed. Here goes: 1. Have a garage sale - a BIG one! I have amassed an amazing amount of crap in a very short amount of time.
2. Host a tea party in my garden - this means several things: a) I need a garden b) I need pretty floral tea cups.
3. Have a family reunion on Lasqueti Island - there will be a house and EVERYONE gets invited.
4. Make my tattoo prettier or make it disappear - yes I have a tattoo and no it's not what I imagined it to be.
5. Learn how to make a perfect sushi roll and musubi - as in so perfect that the little old japanese ladies in my church are impressed.
6. Meet my goal weight - no I'm not telling what it is.
7. Learn to love exercise - this is very different than losing weight....and I REALLY hate to exercise.
8. Get my Master's license - Captain Megan has a nice ring to it.
9. Have a grad school picked out - and know what I want to study (that's the kicker).
10. Be debt free - the house doesn't count.
11. Go camping by myself - somewhere I've never been in a tent with no cell phone (car camping is disqualified).
12. Visit Bali, the Philippines, and Thailand - I'd like to stay in Bali for a month.
13. Take a ship to Antarctica - no explanation necessary.
14. Travel through Ireland, Scotland and Wales - along the way I need to research my Great Grandmother Bessie McAndrews.
15. Go on a helicopter ride - even if it is a lame 'touristy island sightseeing' kind of thing.
16. Be conversational in Japanese - screw french (sorry Mom).
17. Be fashion forward - last years New Years Resolution was to 'have a care with my appearance'. I'd like to revamp my wardrobe with a purpose!
18. Blog with a goal - figure out where I want the blog to go...and what people like best.
19. Start a small business - even if it is online.
20. Take a grammar class - punctuate properly!
21. Spend a month shooting only in manual - I'd like to get to know Big Bertha a little better.
22. Learn computer code - at least so that I can build my own theme, add buttons, etc.
23. Publish a book - even if it is self published...it can be words, photos or both!
24. Go to a ball - or just have somewhere to go where a ball gown must be worn.
25. Go downhill skiing - I did in fact go to school in Maine and never actually go down a hill on ski's!
26. Have an article published in a magazine - preferably a magazine that people actually read.
27. Have my blog featured on someone else's blog - as in check out Nautie MerMate! Isn't she cool?!
28. Take a jewelry making class - I have a broken teacup and saucer (that I broke but don't know how I broke) that belonged to my Great Aunt Gene...I'd love to turn it into pieces of jewelry for all the ladies in my family....the teacup and saucer had a magenta tallship on an ivory colored backdrop....so Megan!
29. Have my photography exhibited - I'd love to have an 'art show' where my maritime-y photos are displayed for the public.
30. Produce Creatively; Create Productively - this was my theme for 2011...no I just need to figure out how to implement it in my daily life!
*I have to get back to class so I'm 'publishing' without proof reading - let's be honest...I never proof read...please see number 20 :)