- Yesterday I was sitting on the train and I looked down at my watch and saw that it was Wednesday. I immediately burst out laughing. I was sitting with a shipmate - he of course looks over at me wanting to know what was so funny. I said, 'It's wednesday!'....and burst into more giggles....because yesterday at the bottom of my post I said, 'Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!'. Clearly, I've lost track of my days. Ha.
- I did an insane amount of walking yesterday and my legs are sore.
- I absolutely cannot wait to get my photos sorted so I can show you what I was up to yesterday!
- This port call might be one of my all time favorites. If I compiled a top five list yesterday would probably make it.
- I'm discovering that after sailing for 6 years I have officially done the worst packing job EVER. I don't have any of the basics for shore leave. I didn't bring a backpack or a purse with a shoulder strap. What the hell was I thinking? I also didn't bring a jacket. Again, what the hell was I thinking?
- I have always found 'boat shoes' incredibly dorky however; I finally bought a pair after trying them on and realizing how insanely comfortable they are. I think that they might be the ultimate shoe for quick treks out and about. This may require a post all of its own.
- I got a little sunburned yesterday while cruising around.
- Italians seem very content. The enjoy good food and good conversation. I think that maybe I need to take some pointers and take my stressball level down a notch.
- I'm preparing to get back underway today - the bridge is calling my name....'Megan, come organize me!'.
I've introduced a few new series - Nautie Tidbits - for when I have many random things to say! Yesterday morning I introduced I See At Sea (Aunt Kay - lets rock those homonyms!) - I'm pretty sure the idea behind this series is self explanatory.