Happy Sunday Nautie Friends! Things here are groovy. We're back at sea for a few days which always makes me happy. Being at sea is when I can take a breath, take some naps and get back on top of things.
I haven't been blogging much and have to catch up so, here are a few tidbits:
- I went ashore in Rota, Spain! Woot! Woot! The bummer is that I took photos with my iPhone only (Damn, I've been lazy lately! Big Bertha is feeling neglected!) and I'm having a hard time getting the photos onto my laptop. Grrrr....hopefully, I'll be able to share them soon.
- During our last port stay we got a HUGE stores order (food!). Yay! Hello oranges, hello hot cocoa! Coffee on the bridge is back to being awesome! (Plus, when I was in Russia Travel Buddy and I picked up some whole beans.....mmmm fresh ground!)
- I did laundry yesterday. I hate laundry. I don't think I like doing it at home but I really hate doing it onboard. Someday, I'm going to write an incredibly long post ranting about laundry. Next step is cleaning my room. Wish me luck.
- I made a long ass to do list. Yesterday I crossed off 4 items. If I cross off 4 items a day I still don't complete all my desired tasks before arriving in the next port. Shoots.
- Did you know that I play cribbage every day at coffee time? Well I do. Yesterday I almost got double skunked! But, I didn't because all of a sudden I had mad luck and was able to save face. Losing is one thing....getting skunked is another....getting double skunked?! Don't even go there....
- (In reference to the above tidbit: You may be wondering how I can lament about incomplete tasks and then make time for cards at coffee time. Coffee time is a sacred thing. Apparently, working through coffee time (or more importantly asking someone to work through coffee time) is the equivalent of asking them to cut off their right opposable thumb.....in other words....don't do it....ever.)
- I have under a month left aboard! Where does the time go?! I've been a terrible correspondent of late. If any of you are waiting for personal emails it might be awhile. Don't say I didn't warn you. (I think some of you just got a little excited inside because you realized you'd be able to call me instead of waiting for emails....and then you got disappointed all over again because you thought, 'wait a minute, that broad will never answer her phone anyways!'. Too true.)
- I listed my house for sale. Are you wondering how I could have saved such big news for the last tidbit?! Me too. I honestly forgot! I'm actually very excited about it. I'll probably (repeat probably) write a long emotional piece about my house....but I'll most likely save it for when I'm off the ship.
- I think that's it for tidbits.
Now, go enjoy your Sunday afternoon. Please? So that I can live vicariously through you? Because, if I were you I'd:
*Buy a cute Patagonia beach dress at Hilo Bay Paddler * Have a delicious coffee at a cute coffee shop * Take a walk along the water * Go out for sushi * Arrange fresh cut flowers throughout the house * Eat half a papaya with some lime squeezed on it * Enjoy a glass of Pinot Grigio with one ice cube * Go for a scenic drive and turn around whenever * Write a note to a friend (on cute stationary) and get it in the mailbox * Drink some carrot juice *